Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random Cell Phone pictures last week

I got a new phone last week and due to the novelty, I have been taking more pictures than normal. As I was looking at some of the pictures, there were 2 that I thought were pretty strange and worthy of sharing.


This first one is of our cat Roxy and her new hobby: watching TV. Being the refined feline that she is, she is not satisfied with mere romantic comedies or action adventure movies. She prefers 1 program. The documentary 'Planet Earth'. I have never seen a cat pay attention to anything that wasn't a flying thing or something to eat like this before. We're talking 15 straight minutes of a cat staring at one thing. Sometimes she tilts her head when she gets particularly interested. Other times she has to go look behind the TV to make sure the birds on the screen didn't disappear behind there. As soon as we watch something else, she leaves; but as soon as we put it on, she'll come from any part of the house to take her spot - right in front of the TV. (p.s. - I know what you're going to say Mom. Yeah, yeah, we need some kids...)





This second one is a letter I received. A letter that causes me to believe I'm being stalked from afar by someone who isn't very good at stalking. When I opened the letter, which was addressed to my first name (Steven) it was 1 sentence written in small font in the middle of the page. It said, simply: 'You are a sad, sad 'little' man' It was sent with no return address, but the postal stamp was to a town in California. A town I've never been to. I can be tough to get along with, so I figure I probably got someone upset enough to look up my new address and send me a mean letter. I still can't figure out why it was addressed to my first name, though....


3 comments:

Just Me said...

Hint: I just got back from a vacation to California....

Okay, I really didn't. That is seriously an odd odd thing. But a touch hilarious, to be honest with you.

Also- I pretty much act the same as your cat when it comes to "Planet Earth". Even with the whole bird-behind-the-TV checking. Hmmm....

Anonymous said...

omg, people are DUMB! Who does stuff like this???? This person has some time on their hands.

Anonymous said...

Hey, about your cat...I can believe it.
When my cat was about half grown, she was near me while I was watching the tv, and she wasn't paying any attention to what was being screened. Then something came on, with Mariah Carey singing, and she immedieately perched at attention at the edge of the sofa, with her eyes glued to the tv for all the while Mariah was singing. I've never seen her do anything like it before, or since. She obviously liked the sound of Mariahs voice (well, she does have a huge octave range!) I must add that I don't share my cat's taste (not MY child), but I respect her right to have it....!