Friday, October 3, 2008

You Know What Would Be Uncomfortable?



You know what seems like it would be kind of awkward to me? Introducing your wife to a girl from your past that you've fooled around with. You're having a conversation with your wife at a party when you see a ghost walking at you from across the room. You pause mid sentence. Your wife notices your sudden silence and the pale hue your skin has suddenly taken. Your mind races as you try to figure out how you're going to handle this train wreck waiting to happen. Do you pretend you don't know this girl? Do you acknowledge you know her and try to beam eye rays of 'Don't say anything about us' to the fling from your past coming towards you? When she finally walks up to you, you stand there like a wet end. Your wife is clearly wondering what she missed. (Of course, 98% of women will have already picked up on the weirdness and know EXACTLY what is going on) You mumble a 'Hey, how ya doing? Long time no see' as you say a silent prayer longing to be somewhere else at this exact moment. Anywhere else. And God forbid you forget your flings' name. Both women staring at you waiting for introductions as you feel the heat rise to your head. Can you imagine how uncomfortable that would be? Yeah, me neither, I was just asking....



You know what I think would be more awkward than that, though? Your wife introducing YOU to a girl from your past that you've fooled around with. "Troy, I want to introduce you to a friend of mine. Her name is ....' Man that would suck. I hope that never happens to me.

4 comments:

Katie M. said...

HAHA!

I've been in both situations with you. I'm not going to name any names on the 2nd situation :)

Good thing you would never get nervous if you ran into someone you fooled around with in public with me. Last time that happened you didn't even know the girl and she came up to you and had to tell you who she was because you didn't even recognize her. Remember IHOP with your dad? HA!

LT said...

She's lying folks. I don't know what she's talking about at all.

Brandice said...

One time Mike introduced me to a girl named Stephanie who we ran into on the sidewalk outside of the SL Temple. He didn't look nervous at all, and she was fine. So, since everyone was fine, I smiled and said, "Oh, did you two go to law school together?". They looked at each other and THEN there was the awkward stunned silence. She finally was the one who gave me the REAL reason, but definitely the UNCOMFORTABLE one was ME!

Brent Festge said...

I wish my wife would introduce me to a girl she messed around with.


I wish I had a wife.